Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stressful Times

I started today with a shower, then a bowl of yoghurt while feeding Isaac his Weetbix (he can do 2!). Then I had coffee with my friend and her son (4 days younger than Isaac - that's how and why we met). Then I dropped Isaac at Nan's and I've been spending all afternoon packing, re-packing, sorting things out ready to go on holiday! It's so difficult, especially when hubby has some things he needs packing that he decided would be a good idea to leave at work until the night before we leave!
The other problem is that Isaac will need toys on the plane... How many? will he sleep? will he be entertained by these few toys I have packed? My carry on bag is FULL of toys and food for him. There is no room for anything else, like passports, wallets, nappies, wipes, spare clothes in case he spews all over me and him. I thought I had it all sorted, but apparently toddlers need a lot more than I anticipated.
Even our suitcases are full of toys, portacot, portable high chair and the list goes on and on.
I only wanted to have 2 suitcases and 2 carry on bags... I think we will end up with 3 checked in bags and 3 carry on bags, plus a carry on kid. I hope he is happy to walk and pull along his own suitcase.

1 comment:

  1. Yup. The smaller they are, the more luggage they need. How would he go with fabric toys that don't take up much room such as finger puppets?

    Or, you could leave the toys out of the suitcase and buy them there :)

    Ange
    http://quirkyisokay.blogspot.com
    http://godandange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete